Google has release the beta version of YouTube Go and is now available for download in Play store.
Google has today announced the roll out the beta version of YouTube Go in India. The beta version is now available for download on the Google Play Store.
Tailored to the Indian consumers and taking note of the bandwidth availability and usage pattern of majority of online Indians, last year during the Google for India event, the company had announced the YouTube Go for the Indian market and now has made it available.
Here are the five key features of the YouTube Go app:
- You can preview videos snippets before you decide to watch or save the video. The preview gives you an idea of what to expect out of the video before you decide upon it. The preview can be accessed when you tap on a thumbnail.
- You get to choose the resolution when saving or streaming videos. It gives a basic quality and a standard quality and also gives the file size of each quality, so you can decide which one to opt for depending on your data plan.
- The home screen of the app features trending and popular videos in your region to discover videos that might interests you.
- There is a share videos with friends nearby option. The best part is doesn’t use any data. You can send and receive videos instantly and offline with others using YouTube Go app.
- If you don’t like a video showing in the home page, you can remove it from your screen.
The app is in the beta release and Google would like user’s feedback to improve the app. If someone like to find out when YouTube Go is fully ready, you can sign up at youtubego.com/signup.