Transsion Holdings owned Tecno mobiles is quiet bullish about the Indian market and it is evident by the back to back successive launches. The newest addition to their Smartphone portfolio here in India is the Tecno Camon iTwin. The Camon iTwin comes with two firsts for the brand.
- First Tecno Smartphone with Qualcomm Snapdragon processor under the hood
- First Tecno Smartphone to feature a dual camera at the rear
Tecno Camon iTwin box contentsOut of the box you get:
- iTwin Smartphone
- soft back case
- Power adapter
- microUSB cable
- user manual
Tecno Camon iTwin DesignThe iTwin is made of polycarbonate body and measures 8.5mm thickness and 161grams in weight. It has a unibody design and comes in a matte black finish. The back has the dual camera and LED flash along with the fingerprint sensor and Tecno branding. The top has no housings and is bare. The bottom has the audio jack, mic, microusb port and the speaker. The right side has the power button and volume rocker. The left side has the SIM tray slot, upon opening you find a triple tray. It can house two SIM and one dedicated microSD card. iTwin is a 4G VoLTE smartphone.
Tecno Camon iTwin DisplayPeople increasingly use their Smartphone videos to watch videos and so the bigger display is most sought for these days, thanks to the 18:9 aspect ratio , the taller design of Smartphone means more room for display size without having to worry about the palm size to hold. The iTwin has a big 2.5D display sporting a 6-inch IPS display with HD+ resolution. The display is strengthened by NEG glass. With a 500nits brightness, the screen is brightly lit and is decent enough. The display setting has a blue filter toggle to protect your eyes while using the phone at night, adaptive brightness and ambient display. It also has notification light.
Tecno Camon iTwin SoftwareOut of the box, it runs on Android Oreo 8.0 with their custom UI HiOS layered upon. There is an app drawer which is a bit rare among the custom UIs these days. All apps by default goes into the app drawer and there is also a smart move in feature that tries to categorize the downloaded apps in folders. The software features include:
- The quick setting toggle has quick access to blue filter toggle, screenshot, split screen, battery saver, flash light and a quirky feature called WhatsApp mode. Enabling the Whatsapp mode, restricts the data to background apps and only Whatsapp would be enabled.
- Gesture control actions which allows you to quickly launch certain apps by drawing certain alphabets on sleeping mode.
- Flip to mute
- Three finger screenshot
- Music gesture option to quick control your music by specific gesture with your finger over the off-screen
- One-hand mode for easy operation