After the teasers, the curtains are up. Of course, it’s not entirely a new device but an update to the Redmi Note 4G. Mi India today announced the launch of Redmi Note Prime, priced at Rs 8,999 and is an Amazon India and Mi.com exclusive and will be available starting 10.00 am on 15th December 2015. Incidentally this is the second Prime device after Redmi 2 Prime, and is made in India at Foxconn facility at Siri city, Andhra Pradesh.
The Redmi Note Prime is just a minor upgrade in terms storage and processor. The internal storage is doubled to 16GB now. And, the processor sees a slight enhancement from Snapdragon 400 to Snapdragon 410, 64-bit.
Rest remains the same with the same design and form factor and the display at 5.5″HD. Though not a big update, what might work for the new Prime though is the pricing.
Redmi Note Prime Specifications:
- Snapdragon 410 Quad-core 64-bit processor
- 5.5″ HD IPS display (1280 X 720 resolution, 267 PPI)
- 2GB of LP DDR3 RAM
- 16GB onboard Flash extendable to 32GB
- 3100mAh Lithium-ion Polymer Battery
- 4G dual SIM
- 13MP f/2.4 rear camera and 5MP f/2.2 front-facing camera