<![CDATA[Vivo Y55S Smartphone comes with a 5.2-inch HD IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen display with a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels at a pixel density of 282 pixels per inch. The phone is 7.5-mm thin , and tips the scale at 142 grams. The phone is powered by a 1.4 GHz Quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 processor and it comes with 3 GB of RAM. What this means is the processor has Quad cores in the CPU and 3 GB of RAM ensures the phone runs smoothly with multiple applications open simultaneously. The Vivo Y55S also packs in a graphics processor, and 16 GB of internal storage which can be expanded to 256 GB via a microSD card.
The Vivo Y55S runs Android 6.0 OS and is powered by a 2730 mAh battery. Its a Dual SIM Smartphone, and connectivity options on the Vivo Y55S include , GPS, HotSpot,Wifi,Bluetooth.The main camera on the Vivo Y55S is a 13 MP shooter with Auto Focus, Face Detection, HDR, Panorama Mode, Geo-tagging, Touch Focus, Digital Zoom, Video Recording. The smartphone also has a Front Facing Camera capable of shooting 5 MP selfies.
What works for Vivo Y55s?
- The overall design of the device follows the known design language of Vivo which is not a bad deal. It is neat and offers decent grip while holding and it is highly ergonomic.
- The Bluelight filter what Vivo calls as ‘Eye Protection’ feature reduces strain by restricting blue light emissions, thereby preserving eye health.
- The octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 processor coupled with 3GB of RAM ran smoothly during light to moderate multitasking. Snapdragon 425 is proven and tested and can be a decent workhorse.
- The “Funtouch OS 3.0 offers a lot of smart features including lockscreen gesture options. Also, the S-capture screenshot offers extensive and various ways to take interesting screenshots. The UI is iOS inspired and can give a different feel to an Android smartphone.
- The camera performances both rear and front offers decent camera. Not a top class in the segment but decent when you compare to the phones available offline. The 13MP rear camera with LED Flash is pretty good and daylight, macro shots came out clean with enough colour in them. But the camera suffers in challenging lights and offers noisy images.
- The 2,730mAh battery can pull the phone through a full day.
- Being available in offline stores, it is easily accessible to everyone. It caters to the big pool of segment that still buy their phone in retail stores.
What puts the brakes?
- The Vivo Y55s has a faux-metal body but it is still polycarbonate, a metal body could have added a premium to it.
- The display is HD, though not a bad display at all by any means, still a full-HD would have been a better deal.
- Vivo Y55s does not have fingerprint sensor which has become a common feature in smartphones.
- Vivo Y55s packs decent specifications and has enough power for regular use, but, unfortunately, there are devices in the same price segment that are armed with better specifications but those are largely available online. Vivo caters to the large population that still walks to a nearby retail stores and make their mobile purchases. So this device cannot be compared to the similar priced devices selling exclusively online due to various factors. Purely compared against the devices available offline, Vivo Y55s is a good buy.