In an event at NewDelhi, along side revealing the price and opening up the pre-order for their first Smartphone in Indian market, the Mi3, Xiaomi also announce its entry-level Android smartphone, Redmi 1S will soon be available in India for Rs 6,999
Featuring a 4.7-IPS inch display with a 1280×720 pixel resolution with 312 ppi, the dual-SIM Xiaomi Redmi 1S is powered by a 1.6GHz Snapdragon 400 quad-core SoC mated to a Adreno 305GPU and 1GB of RAM. While there is a 8GB of internal storage, there is an expansion slot for boosting via external memory card.
The camera optics include an 8-megapixel rear camera, 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera and a 2,000mAh battery is packed in. The device runs on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with Xiaomi’s MIUI V5 on top of it. Like the Mi3, the Redmi 1S also supports USB-on-the-go. Redmi 1S would be available in vibrant colors.
Xiaomi Redmi 1S specifications
- 4.7-inch IPS display
- 1280×720 pixel resolution
- 312 ppi
- 1.6GHz Snapdragon 400 Quad-core processor
- 1GB of RAM
- Adreno 305 GPU
- 8GB internal memory, expandable
- 2000mAh battery
- 8-megapixel rear camera, 1.3 megapixel font camera
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean , Xiaomi MIUI V5
- Wi-Fi direct, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi
- Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope,Compass