ZTE N919D, a Dual SIM (CDMA + GSM) Android Smartphone from the Shanghai based ZTE, was launched in India today at Rs 6,999 and will be exclusively available on Ebay. To entice the buyers, the company has bundled free unlimited mobile data offer for Reliance CDMA customers (both existing and new) for three months.
Here is a quick look at the ZTE N919D specifications:
- 5-inch (480 x 854 pixels) display
- 1.2 GHz quad-core processor
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) OS
- 1GB RAM
- 4GB internal memory, Expandable memory up to 64GB with micro SD
- Dual SIM (CDMA + GSM)
- 8MP rear camera with LED flash
- 0.3MP front-facing camera
- 10.25mm thick and weighs 165.5g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 3G CDMA, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, DLNA, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 2500mAh battery
The above specs would have been interesting a year back but the low-cost handset segment has seen a paradigm shift recently with the likes of Xiaomi, Motorola, Lenovo and Indian OEMs like Micromax, Karbonn and Lava offering better specs at similar price range. With users more finicky about tech specs I wonder how many will be interested in Jelly Bean OS and VGA front-shooter (with Selfies a rage these days) at this price when there are better offerings in the market.
Our humble request to ZTE, look around the market.