Using Samsung Galaxy S2? Good news. Samsung has started rolling out Android 4.1.2 Jellybean update for Galaxy S II GT-I9100G.
Galaxy S2 released back in 2011 stamped the authority of Samsung Galaxy S series and lead Samsung’s ascendancy to the high pedestal of Smartphone world. It was declared smartphone of the year 2012 by World Mobile Congress’s Global mobile awards and also scored high on almost all leading critic ratings.
With a huge user base, it makes sense for Samsung to update the software to the latest Android 4.1.2 Jellybean update giving the users the best support experience as well as taste of the latest OS flavour. It would also enable the users a ‘familiar’ continuous device ecosystem when they plan to upgrade their device.
The rollout is in phases so it might take time to arrive at your device depending on the region, network operator etc but the good news is it would definitely hit your S2.
The update also brings Nature UX Interface that Samsung first unveiled in Galaxy S III along with updated TouchWiz UI.
So what could you expect in Android 4.1.2 for Galaxy S2?
Key features of Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy S 2
- Buttery Smooth Performance & Great Stability
- Complete User Interface Revamp making it similar to Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II)
- TouchWiz Nature UX
- Improved Camera features (best face, face tag, weather tags, improved low light capture etc)
- New Lockscreen With Many Customization Options
- New Features like Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play
- New Widgets (From Galaxy S III)
- 2 Home screen modes
- New Notification bar With More Notification Toggles
- Google Now
The update is quiet big, so keep the phones fully charged before hitting the update. You can update it via Kies or OTA.