Misfit Wearables, the makers of the fashionable, fitness accessory with an almost 6-month battery backup has been around for a while now and has carved itself a unique space in the fitness and sleep tracker segment. The company founded in 2011 takes seriously the sense and sensibilities of an activity tracker and makes for a good lifestyle accessory. The second generation of the Misfit Shine packs some neat upgrades, that promises to enhance the functionality while retaining the original aesthetics.
While retaining the original Shine’s much acclaimed design and the aircraft-grade aluminum body, the new Shine manages to be thinner than its predecessor. Inspite tof the thin body, the Shine 2 still features a coin-cell battery that provides a 6-months battery life. And, you can also dive into the pool up to 50 meters with the Shine on like before.
For better accuracy and usability, the Shine 2 now comes with a 3-axis magnetometer along with the 3-axis accelerometer. The rounded screen now has better responsiveness and now syncs faster with the app. The triple tap functionality on the screen of the new Shine allows you talk to the phone to set it tasks like selfie from your phone and to change tracks. The Misfit Move, feature will encourage you to be active with a vibrational nudge, if you are sitting for quiet longer time. The other new additions include text and call notifications and a silent vibe alarms.
Adam Mack, Director of Mechanical Design, Misfit said We’ve packed a lot into Shine 2, adding more functionality into an even thinner form factor with the same battery life, ”
Measuring 8 mm in thickness and 3.3 mm at the edge, the Shine 2 comes in Rose Gold and Carbon Black, and is now available for purchase on misfit.com, and will be available in retail locations worldwide in November. In US, it comes a tag price of US$ 99.99
So what is new in the Misfit Shine 2?
- It’s more thinner now at 8 mm and 3.3 mm at its edge
- Now you can view progress, text and call notifications via multi-color animations on the display.
- A gentle nudge will prompt you on inactivity alerts, gentle wake up alarm, notifications,
and additional tactile feedback
- With a simple tap sequence, you can play music, take a selfie or control third-party compatible Smartphone devices like Logitech’s Harmony Home hub pr interact with apps like IFTTT
- Adding to the existing 3-axis accelerometer is a 3-axis magnetometer for advanced activity
and sleep tracking
- The touch sensitivity and responsiveness of the display gets an upgrade and the tap functionality is broadened.
- Enhanced Bluetooth 4.1