Start. Code. Push replaced the usual ready, set, go in the cognitive computing era and it was the key words at the just concluded IBM DeveloperConnect which saw overwhelming numbers of developers gathered for a day of sharing, learning, skill building, and hands-on experimentation with IBM Cloud technologies in emerging areas like artificial intelligence, Internet of Things (IoT), Blockchain, mobile, and cognitive systems, among others. More developers and students across India where hooked to the event virtually via livestream. Key highlights of the news include: a collaboration with Coursera to strengthen developers’ skills in India with new courses focused on cloud and IoT; developerWorks Career Concierge, a cognitive learning tool that delivers personalized resources to advance developers’ skills; the general availability of GitHub Enterprise on Bluemix Dedicated, the first collaborative coding platform delivered as a managed service and; new cloud tools for Swift and Watson designed for mobile development and cognitive apps. To summarize the event, while the event provided stimuli with healthy interactions with peers, lead talks on various computing topics, and showcasing of interesting projects by the developers, the event also introduced new toolkits for developers.
- A beta version of the developerWorks Career Concierge, a new Watson-based tool that helps developers progress on their own personalized cloud journey.
- New toolkits that provide easy entry points into mobile development and cognitive computing. With the Watson Developer Cloud Application Starter Kit, developers can infuse cognitive capabilities into their apps.
- IBM Cloud Tools for Swift, which simplifies managing and deploying server-side assets in an environment complementary to Xcode, as well as Swift on LinuxONE™ to create server-side applications that connect into the hybrid cloud.
- GitHub announced the general availability for GitHub Enterprise on Bluemix® Dedicated.
- A contest on Stack Overflow that encourages Indian developers to share their expertise and skills on IBM cloud technologies while boosting their online reputations.