Honor 7C is an entry level mid-range Smartphone that was recently launched in India along with Honor 7A. The Honor 7C has a 5.99-inch display with a 2:1 aspect ratio and HD+ (1440 x 720) resolution. In India, the price starts at ₹ 9,999. In case you are planning to buy the Honor 7C, here are 7 good reasons that might impress you. Before we start with the top reasons list, let’s take a quick look at the specifications:
Honor 7C Specifications
- 5.99 inch 18:9 FullView 2.5D curved glass display
- HD+ resolution (1440 x 720 pixels)
- Snapdragon 450
- Adreno 506 GPU
- Android 8.0 (Oreo) with EMUI 8.0
- 3GB RAM with 32GB internal storage, 4GB RAM with 64GB storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Dedicated microSD card with upto 256GB support
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, secondary 2MP camera
- 8MP front-facing camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 3000mAh built-in battery
Honor 7C has dedicated microSD SlotIn India, many Smartphone users have two SIMs in their phone. While dual-SIM connectivity is supported almost on all phones retailing here, most OEM’s opt for hybrid SIM card slots over dedicated slots. In the case of hybrid SIM tray, you can have two SIM’s active or opt to sacrifice one SIM for a microSD card. Few phones like Honor 7C offers triple SIM tray, which allow users to have two active SIM’s and one dedicated microSD card for expanding the storage. Honor 7C supports external storage up to 256GB.
Honor 7C offers safety first with Ride modeNever mix driving and talking on your phone, it can be fatal at times. Bringing safety forefront, the EMUI 8.0 in Honor 7C comes with a ride mode. Once enabled, the home screen turns into ride mode and you see a dialer and a SOS button. The ride mode setting has following option:
- Auto answer by voice – people who calls you gets a message you are driving or you can set a custom message. If it is very important, they can press “1” to connect.
- Auto answer by text – Your phone automatically sends a text message stating you are driving and will call later when there is an incoming call.
- Decline automatically – calls will automatically be declined or shown busy with this option enabled.
Honor 7C makes PayTm payment EasierI use Paytm extensively, my regular vegetable shop guy to milk vendor to my saloon everyone accepts Paytm. With increased usage of the digital payment mode in India, Honor has previewed a new feature to access PayTm payment page quickly instead of opening the app each time. Just double tap on the fingerprint sensor area with your assigned finger and it pops directly the PayTm payment screen. Quick and neat. The feature is not enabled with the Honor 7C smartphone yet but will be rolled out via OTA update pretty soon.
Honor 7C has dual Bluetooth ConnectivityBluetooth 5.0 brings dual Bluetooth support but Honor 7C has BT 4.2 but still the company has enabled a dual bluetooth support in this phone in a limited sense. You can connect your headset as well as a bluetooth speaker simultaneously, while you are playing a song in the speaker, you can still keep the calls coming in through your bluetooth headset without having to connect / disconnect individually to shuffle between calls and music playback. Have you ever wanted to connect your phone to a Bluetooth speaker to enjoy some music and still keep the calls coming in through your Bluetooth headset, only to end up disconnecting the headset in the process of connecting the speaker? Well, Huawei Honor 7C has a solution for this and it’s called dual Bluetooth. You will no longer end up with a disconnected Bluetooth headset when you attempt to add a second Bluetooth device (speaker) to your phone.
Honor 7C has real time audio monitoring;For people who love recording themselves when singing or even talking, you’ll love this one. With the Honor 7C, you can connect your earphones and listen to yourself as the recording proceeds, thus bringing a studio-like experience right in your hand. The option would be enabled via OTA update.
Securing your phone with both finger and faceHonor phones always offered a good fingerprint recognition features and also bundled extra features associated with the sensor area. Honor 7C also has a fast and accurate fingerprint sensor technology. It supports app lock plus you can also touch and hold the fingerprint sensor area to take photos when using camera app, answer incoming calls, and stop alarm. You can slide the sensor area to access navigation panel and browse photos. Honor 7C also comes with face unlock. Face recognition works well and you can additionally secure the apps via face recognition too.
The camera gets better with Dual setupHonor 7C has a dual camera setup. The settings has a wide aperture mode. While the portrait mode and wide aperture both play with the aperture levels, the portrait mode we see these days in many dual camera Smartphones is tailor made for people but wide aperture gives you more control to handle the amount of bokeh, the subject you want the depth field to highlight etc. What it also gives is the freedom to control the aperture in the edit mode of the images. In addition to these features, EMUI 8.0 in Honor 7C also offers features like:
- Gaming mode,for uninterrupted game play, more like a DND mode for gaming.
- Navigation dock , an quirky way to access home, back and recent menu with a dock that also gives an option to hide the on-screen navigation keys
- One-hand UI, to minimise the screen for easy use.
- Three finger screenshot
- Flip to mute etc