One of the most awaited sub-event of the WMC apart from all the devices that the manufacturers showcases and their keynote presentations are the annual ‘Global Mobile Awards’. It recognizes the best devices, manufactures, service providers in various categories. Ofcourse, the most looked forward categories in the awards are the ‘Best smartphone’ and ‘Best tablet’ and ‘Best Manufacturer of the year’.
Samsung swept the awards in mobile section last year and the company got the real boost with Galaxy S2 awarded as the ‘Best smartphone of the year 2012’. True to its market dominance, Samsung again swept the awards this year and bagged in total 5 awards including the prestigious best smartphone award and manufacturer of the year. Yes, Sammy, keep the momentum going!
- Best Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy S3
- Best Mobile Enabled Consumer Electronics Device: Samsung Electronics for Samsung GALAXY Camera
- Device Manufacturer of the Year: Samsung
- Best Mobile Infrastructure: Samsung Electronics for Smart LTE Networks
- Outstanding Overall Mobile Technology – The CTO’s Choice: Samsung Electronics for Smart LTE Networks
Notable other winners are Asus and Google who won the Best tablet category for their Nexus 7 and Nokia Asha 305 gave some cheers to Nokia by winning the Best feature or entry level phone category.
On the App side, Facebook which faced critics ire for its poor app not long ago, bagged the Best Mobile App for Consumers
award. While Evernote won the Best Mobile App for Enterprises
Best New Mobile Handset, Device or Tablet at Mobile World Congress 2013 was bagged by HTC for its latest flagship model HTC One
For the rest of the exhaustive list of awards, head over HERE