Sony Xperia SP was announced globally in March, 2013 and now Sony has launched it in India and will hit the stores in mid-April.
The device features a 4.6 inch HD display powered by Sony Mobile Bravia Engine 2 technology, 1280×720 piexl resolution that stacks up a neat 319 ppi, Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS, 1.7 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Plus dual-core processor along with Adreno 320 GPU, 1 GB RAM, 8 GB (5.8 GB user available) expandable upto 32 GB via microSD card and a 2370 mAh battery.
On the shooter front, Sony Xperia SP packs a 8 MP rear camera with features like Geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection, image stabilization, HDR, sweep panorama etc. It also has a secondary VGA camera in the front.
Xperia SP scores high on connectivity bringing on-board 4G and NFC, DNLA along with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 and microUSB 2.0
Remember Sony Xperia U and the transparent strip below the screen that changes the color, the band finds its way in Xperia SP too and it can the color can be personalized and works as a notification for incoming calls and text messages.
Sony has priced Xperia SP in India for Rs. 27,490 ( US $504)
Sony Xperia SP Specs
- 4.6-inch display with Sony Mobile Bravia Engine 2 technology
- 1280×720 pixels resolution, 319 ppi
- 1.7 GHz Dual-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB internal storage, expandable by up to 32GB through microSD
- 8-megapixel rear camera with LED Flash
- VGA front-facing camera
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 820.11 a/b/g/n, DNLA, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS/ GLONASS, MHL, NFC
- 2,370 mAh battery
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- 155 grams