At Nokia World in Abu Dhabi today, Nokia announced a series of launches including two 6-inch Lumia devices and a new lineup of Asha devices. One of the two newly unveiled 6-inch Lumia devices is Lumia 1520 which has a better specs than the other new model, Lumia 1320.
The Lumia 1520 features a 1080p display and powered by quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor making it’s first mark in Windows based devices.
Making good use of the larger screen is a third column of Live Tiles on the homescreen. The new device follows the design DNA of Lumia 1020 minus the the camera hump on the rear.
On the camera front, the Lumia 1520 uses a new 20MP PureView camera with Optical Image Stabilization (OIS). It is also capable of oversampling making smaller resolution photos with less noise and also allowing for loss-less zooming.
To be available in yellow, red, white, and black, Nokia will start shipping 1520 for $749 in Q4 2013 across the US, the UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, China, France, Germany, Finland, and other European markets, with other markets to follow.
Nokia Lumia 1520 specifications:
- 6″ full HD 1080p LCD, ClearBlack, Sunlight readability, Super sensitive touch, Gorilla Glass 2
- PureView 20 MP, ZEISS optics, OIS, 2x lossless zoom, oversampling, dual LED flash
- Video 1080p @ 30 fps full HD video with optical image stabilization
- 4G LTE
- Nokia Music for unlimited streaming of ad-free music
- Free global HERE Maps and HERE Drive+, HERE Transit available in the Store
- Microsoft Office built-in
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 (2.2GHz Quad Core)
- 3400 mAh (integrated) with built-in wireless charging
- Yellow, white, black, glossy red