Microsoft in association with HP and Pearson to launch HP Omni 10 targeted at college level Indian students. The tablet comes with embedded content from Pearson catering to higher educational students of engineering and management subjects. It also comes pre-bundled with Microsoft Office.
Omni 10 as the name suggests features a 10.1-inch touchscreen display with a 1920×1200 pixels resolution. The display is strengthened with Corning Gorilla Glass 3. The tablet runs on Windows 8.1 OS and is powered by Intel Atom Z3770 quad core processor, 2 GB RAM, and 32 GB internal storage that can be expanded further via microSD card by up to 64GB. It measures 9.9mm thickness and weights a little over half a kg. The tablet has a 8-megapixel rear camera with autofocus and a 2-megapixel front-facing camera.
Connectivity options include 3G,WiFi, HDMI, USB on the go, and Bluetooth 4.0. The tablet packs a 2300 mAh Li-Polymer battery and the company claims 8.5 hours battery life.
Priced at Rs 29,999, the HP Omni 10 will be available for all technical and management institutes and is being currently offered at an EMI plan of Rs 2,990 per month for 12 months (taxes additional)
HP Omni 10 specifications:
- 10.1 inch touchscreen
- Intel® Atom® Z3770 (1.46 GHz, up to 2.4 GHz, 2 MB L2 cache, 4 cores),
- 2GB RAM,
- 32GB internal memory with MicroSD card support,
- Up to 8.5 hours of battery life
- 10″ diagonal WVA multitouch enable (With Corning Gorilla Glass 3) (1920 x 1200)
- 1920×1000 pixels resolution
- 2 MP (front-facing webcam); 8MP with Auto-Focus(rear-facing webcam)
- Windows 8.1
- Stereo speakers; HP Premium Sound
- Accelerometer; Gyroscope; Ambient light sensor; Hall; eCompass