Back in mid-July, LG announced the mid-tier variant of its flagship device LG G3 and today it reached the Indian shores at the price of Rs. 25,000.
The G3 Beat is the stripped down variant of the LG G3 and would be pitted against Samsung Galaxy S5 mini and Sony Xperia T3. It features a 5-inch IPS display with a 720p resolution and is powered by a 1.2GHz Snapdragon 400 quad-core processor and 1GB of RAM, 8GB of internal storage which can be expanded further via microSD card.The 720×1280 pixel resolution is notch lower than the QHD (1440×2560 pixel) resolution of the LG G3. It runs on Android 4.4.2 Kitkat sugar coated with LG’s new UI. The device is cased in a metallic body and follows the floating arc design language of LG.
The camera specs include 8-megapixel rear camera with laser auto focus and Optical Image Stabilization that was also included in the flagship G3. A 1.3 megapixel front-facing camera completes the specs. The camera software includes a Touch to shoot utility for easy snapping, Gesture Shot, which recognizes a hand gesture and begins automatic three-second countdown to click a picture.
The device is backed by a 2,540mAh battery and the connectivity options include Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth, GPRS/ EDGE, A-GPS, GLONASS, NFC, Micro-USB, 3G and 4G LTE support.
The LG G3 Beat is available in three color choices – metallic black, shine gold and silk black. You can also opt for a snap-on case available in multiple colors.
Key LG G3 Beat Specifications
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 400 processor 1.2 GHz Quad-Core
- Display: 5.0-inch HD IPS (1280 x 720, 294ppi)
- Memory: 8GB / 1GB RAM / Micro SD slot
- Camera: Rear 8MP with Laser Auto Focus / Front 1.3MP
- Battery: 2,540mAh (removable)
- Operating System: Android 4.4.2 Kit Kat
- Size: 137.7 x 69.6 x 10.3mm
- Weight: 134 g
- Network: 4G LTE / HSPA+ 21Mbps (3G)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, A-GPS/ Glonass, NFC, USB 2.0
- Colors: Metallic Black, Silk White, Shine Gold
- Other: Touch & Shoot, Smart Keyboard, Quick Memo+, Gesture Shot